A 2-day financial modeling seminar for professionals who wish to raise their financial modeling skills to a superior level and prepare for the Advanced Financial Modeler Certification (AFM) certification exam. This certification is the level 1 of the Financial Modeling Institute’s qualification scheme (official link).
There will, of course, still be benefits received from our course without actually completing the exam, however we highly recommend you sit for the AFM exam in order keep up with fellow colleagues, potentially competitive candidates for job interviews or to enable you to change careers which are now more heavily focused on financial modeling.
The Seminar will cover how to build models accurately and efficiently through a series of best practice modeling rules and learn how to stress-test the assumptions used, to check accuracy of work in an efficient manner and to provide appropriate documentation.
The ability to simply manipulate spreadsheets is important but yet insufficient. Being able to incorporate all “what if” scenarios and stress test any proposal to its limits is a valuable and required skill to for today’s financial analyst. Working financial models improves the reliability and quality of financial decision-making.
Once you are done with this seminar you will know how to model the three major financial statements (balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement) based on industry best practices and FMI’s Body of Knowledge (official download link). During this workshop you are going to develop a full scale model and learn how to model all respective items. In addition, through the hands-on training approach you will learn how to perform sensitivity analysis, build alternative scenarios and tackle issues like inflation, escalation, corkscrews, error checking etc.
A highly practical two-day training seminar that will allow you to:
- UNDERSTAND essential steps in designing simple, yet powerful financial models and cope with well-known model complexities by applying best practice modeling principles and techniques
- Improve financial model efficiency by using Excel shortcuts and Understand the sensitivity of key drivers through dynamic Scenario Analysis
- APPLY core and advanced spreadsheet functions and techniques in order to construct effective models
- GAIN an in-depth understanding of how to build a business case and communicate the results of your model clearly and concisely
- Learn the details of developing a full-scale model to integrate the three major financial statements (balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement) based on FMI’s Body of Knowledge