CME Group, the largest derivatives exchange in the world, will be hosting their annual Commodity Trading Challenge in February 2017, where top colleges and universities compete in a fast paced electronic trading competition. Students will compete by trading Crude Oil, Gold and Corn and other commodity futures in a simulated trading environment on a real-time professional trading platform(CQG).
- 3 graduate and 3 undergraduate teams are eligible to compete per school. Teams may not mix graduate and undergraduate members. Creating a team of students from different schools is not permitted.
- Each team is required to have 3 to 5 students from the same undergraduate or graduate school. Recent graduates are not eligible to participate.
- Every student involved must be enrolled in an accredited college or university at the undergraduate or graduate level. All participants must be enrolled for the duration of the competition at the university identified by the team lead in the registration form.
- Faculty Advisors are highly recommended to oversee each school’s participation. Advisors will have early registration access to register their teams.
- There is no fee to register, and training on the CQG platform will be provided prior to the competition.
- A student who was part of a winning team in the previous year’s competition is not eligible to win cash prizes during the current year’s competition. If a team partially consists of members who were part of a previous year’s winning team, that team is still eligible to win, but the ineligible member(s) will forfeit their portion of any cash prize.
Competition products include futures contracts from the following asset classes:
- EQUITY INDEX
- INTEREST RATES
- FOREIGN EXCHANGE
Start times will be in Central Time
|Practice Round:||January 16 – February 13|
|Preliminary Round:||February 14 – February 23|
|Final Round:||February 27 – March 10|
|For more information visit cmegroup.com/tradingchallenge|