The purpose of this training is to enhance your existing Excel modeling skills and learn how to build and modify financial models faster by learning and applying FAST Modeling Standard principles. The seminar highlights the core financial model design and construction techniques that every modeler should know. This seminar will allow participants to adopt a structured and comprehensive design strategy to develop rigorous financial models, in less time and with greater accuracy.
Participants will learn how to apply best practice financial modeling and perform sophisticated business analysis. This hands-on workshop will also teach you how to perform risk analysis and apply uncertainty into a model and undertake a more dynamic analysis to improve decision making. Participants will be introduced to the concepts and methods necessary to develop a risk assessment and will learn to expand their existing deterministic Excel analysis into an @RISK model so that to quantify exposure and test mitigation strategies.
We invite you to gain the necessary knowledge and the tools to structure your model strategy according to your organization’s business needs, by combing multiple data for advanced scenarios, applying FAST* modeling principles (a widely accepted and highly regarded method) and prepare to take the FAST Level 1 Certification Exam.
Who Should Attend
This hands-on seminar is designed for junior to senior business and finance professionals as well as general managers who need to use financial models to measure business performance, including: Directors, GMs, VPs, Senior Managers, Managers, with responsibility in the following functional areas:
- Business& Financial Analysts
- Investment& Corporate Bankers
- CFOs& Finance Managers
- Risk Managers and Portfolio Managers
- Financial Controllers and Accountants
- MBA’s and Business Undergraduates
- Anyone seeking to improve their financial and valuation modeling skill set
- Industry Consultants
- Project Managers and Risk Analysts
- Corporate Finance and Business
- Development Professionals
- Finance& Accounting staff
- Heads of Business Units& Business
- Build models accurately and efficiently through a series of best practice modeling rules
- Develop financial models that improve the reliability and quality of financial decision-making
- Improve financial model efficiency by using shortcuts and learn to recognize the sensitivity of key drivers
- Learn and practice the main principles and techniques in quantitative risk analysis and apply uncertainty into models
- Undertake a more dynamic analysis to improve decision making
- Expand existing deterministic Excel analysis skills into an @RISK model so that to quantify exposure and test mitigation strategies
- Adopt a structured and comprehensive design strategy to develop rigorous financial models, in less time and with greater accuracy.
Locations / Venues
Our courses are held in centrally located hotels. Registration fees include morning cofee/tea and refreshments and a lunch break . Detailed venue descriptions, times and logistics are included in the material we send after your register for the course.
Instructor – Short Bio
Mr. Dimitris Leimonis has more than 20 years of experience in a wide range of roles in investment management, banking, and professional financial training industry. Dimitris has extensive knowledge of the financial industry, with both practical and analytical experience, which makes him a very successful financial modeling expert. He has built, developed and used financial models to analyse risk, test scenarios, forecast results and optimize business and finance variables.
While working for a major asset management firm in SE Europe, Dimitris acquired extensive investment experience by managing a range of mutual funds and affluent client’s portfolios. He has worked as a mutual fund manager, managing money market, bond and equity mutual funds with AUM around €2billion. He has strong quantitative and analytical skills with an ability to understand complex financial structures and his a passionate financial trainer of advanced finance topics, like Financial Modeling, Portfolio Management, Derivatives, & Fixed Income.
Dimitris started his academic studies in Banking & Finance and continued with post-graduate studies with a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Lebow College of Business – Drexel University, specializing in Management Information Systems and Investment Management. He has extensive corporate training experience and key involvement in the development of the training program of one of Greece’s largest financial institutions.
Certified by the Hellenic Capital Markets Commission as Portfolio Manager and Investment Consultant.
Specialties/ Key Skills: Financial Modeling, Risk Analysis, Mutual Funds, ETFs, Portfolio Management, Asset Allocation, Financial Analysis, Business Analysis, Financial Education and Training
Contact us today to learn more about this accredited seminar (seminar schedule, detailed brochure and available offers for this seminar)