Our firm is partnering with Lebow College of Business at Drexel University and starting on April 2017, we will be offering two 3-day training courses on Best Practice Financial Modeling and Risk Analysis using Excel.
Who Should Participate
This hands-on seminar is designed for junior to senior business and finance professionals as well as general managers who need to use financial models to measure business performance, including: Directors, GMs, VPs, Senior Managers, Managers, with responsibility in the following functional areas:
- Business& Financial Analysts
- Investment& Corporate Bankers
- CFOs& Finance Managers
- Risk Managers and Portfolio Managers
- Financial Controllers and Accountants
- MBA’s and Business Undergraduates
- Anyone seeking to improve their financial and valuation modeling skill set
- Industry Consultants
- Project Managers and Risk Analysts
- Corporate Finance and Business
- Development Professionals
- Finance& Accounting staff
- Heads of Business Units& Business
The training is split in 2 training sessions so that potential attendees can decide if they attend either or both of them. Here are some more details on our upcoming Financial Modeling courses at USA:
The purpose of this training is to enhance your existing Excel modeling skills and learn how to build and modify financial models faster by learning and applying FAST Modeling Standard principles. The seminar highlights the core financial model design and construction techniques that every modeler should know. This seminar will allow participants to adopt a structured and comprehensive design strategy to develop rigorous financial models, in less time and with greater accuracy.
Participants will learn how to apply best practice financial modeling and perform sophisticated business analysis. This hands-on workshop will also teach you how to perform risk analysis and apply uncertainty into a model and undertake a more dynamic analysis to improve decision making by developing a risk assessment into an @RISK model.
- Build models accurately and efficiently through a series of best practice modeling rules
- Develop financial models that improve the reliability and quality of financial decision-making
- Improve financial model efficiency by using shortcuts and learn to recognize the sensitivity of key drivers
- Learn and practice the main principles and techniques in quantitative risk analysis and apply uncertainty into models
- Undertake a more dynamic analysis to improve decision making
- Expand existing deterministic Excel analysis skills into an @RISK model so that to quantify exposure and test mitigation strategies
- Adopt a structured and comprehensive design strategy to develop rigorous financial models, in less time and with greater accuracy.
The purpose of this training is to enhance your existing Excel modeling skills and to teach you how to integrate and model the three major financial statements (balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement) based on the globally recognized FAST Modeling Standard. Participants will learn how to apply best practice financial modeling and perform sophisticated business analysis, including analyzing financial statements and building pro-forma financial statements. Develop a full scale model and learn how to model all respective financial statement items (assets, debt, depreciation etc).
- Apply FAST modeling principles to improve financial models’ design, style and structure and better analyze financial data
- Expand deterministic Excel analysis into an @RISK model.
- Learn how to develop a full scale model to account of risk elements of all respective items (assets, debt, depreciation etc.).
- Integrate all financial statements to produce a comprehensive financial profile
- Model business operations (including revenue, costs, taxation and inflation / indexation / escalation);
- Learn how to structure business assets (including non -current assets, accounting depreciation and working capital – and impacts on tax); and how to model financing (including debt principal and interest calculations)
- Advance your financial models one step further from the simple static input/output to a more dynamic decision making analysis.
- Identify the importance of uncertainty for model building and decision making and LEARN how to select distributions and incorporate uncertainty in a financial model.