The seminar intends to help participants comprehend the mechanics and practical applications of securities and derivatives markets and become familiar to different financial products and derivative contracts. After completing the course participants will be able to:
· Understand the rationale, main risk / reward characteristics and mechanics of the major financial securities & derivative instruments.
· Review the major markets, distinguish exchange vs OTC products and recognize the benefits and drawbacks of each one.
· Understand how securities and derivatives are traded and gain exposure by applying this knowledge through a state-of-the-art trading platform
· Analyze the relationship between major asset classes and contrast the behavior of underlying assets with respective derivative products
· Understand how derivatives can be used in arbitrage & hedging strategies.
The workshop is addressed to business people that want to establish a fundamental and practical understanding of the major securities & derivatives markets.
Basic understanding of Financial Markets and some basic quantitative skills. The course is used as an introduction for people who have no previous knowledge on these concepts and want to get more insight and potentially construct their own investment portfolios or better monitor their existing portfolios.