This seminar builds on your existing financial modeling skills and deals with more sophisticated topics so that participants can use those techniques to better analyze financial data, master their sensitivity analysis and risk modeling skills.
By identifying the factors that could cause variability in a model’s output, users will be able to estimate their likelihood and impact and optimize the decision process. The course is focused on the use of financial modeling in corporate situations like project appraisal, cost of capital estimation and company valuation.
As a result of taking this course, you should be able to:
1. Streamline model building by applying best practices.
2. Incorporate risk and uncertainty by creating scenarios and performing advanced sensitivity analysis.
3. Use advanced Excel formulas and scenario modeling techniques.
4. Minimize manual tasks and automate them by building macros into your models
5. Enhance model structure for more accurate analysis and forecasting and minimization of errors.
Course topics include:
1. a review of logical statements, Text Functions, use of Range Names, Lookup Functions, Scenarios/sensitivity analysis using Data Tables, Goal Seek, core Financial Functions and
2. mastering of Conditional functions , how to Remove Duplicates , Pivot Tables & Charts , Conditional Formatting, how to Import Data into Excel , From a Text or Word File , Using Web Queries to Import Data From the Web , The Spreadsheet Model development Process , Auditing , Error Trapping, Excel Solver tool , how to use excel to Solve Optimization Problems, use of Monte Carlo Simulation.
The seminar is designed for users who are competent in Excel and want to master their financial modeling skills. It is assumed that participants have a very good knowledge of the core functionalities of Excel and use advanced spreadsheet tools and functions on a regular basis.
Mr. Dimitris Leimonis
Application – Software Used
Participants are required to bring their own laptops and have installed Excel 2007 or 2010, Word, Adobe Acrobat Reader and PowerPoint. Mac users need Excel 2011 for the spreadsheet part and can use the respective applications for opening word documents, presentations and pdf files.
Who Should Attend
Financial Analysts, Accountants, Finance Managers, Consultants, Valuation & Budgeting Professionals, Investors, Business Students wishing to develop modeling skills.
Locations / Venues
Our courses in Athens are held in our Training Center at Chalandri while when we run them in other cities (Thessaloniki) are held in centrally located hotels. Registration fees include morning cofee/tea and refreshments. Detailed venue descriptions, times and logistics are included in the material we send after your register for the course.