20th to 22nd March, 2023
09:00 to 17:00 (Central European Time – CET)
- Live Face-to-face Training Sessions
- Attendance for 3 Days Training
- Guided Learning Hours – 24
- Case Studies, Practical Examples, Q & A,
How to establish credible and feasible recovery and resolution strategies for individual banks? What are the key phases during a crisis, key stakeholders involved and what are the necessary steps and processes to manage it?
The financial crisis of 2007-2008 taught us that banks should strive to become more resilient, with more capital and liquidity resources, to better cope with market turmoil or their idiosyncratic weaknesses. It also reminded us the importance of early warning mechanisms to ensure that competent authorities are well informed in advance and have the time to prepare.
This 3-day face to face course provides a comprehensive overview of the European bank recovery and resolution framework, the tools to identify, prepare and manage a banking crisis as well as the processes to ensure compliance with the framework, leveraging from the FSB work, as well as the European framework (BRRD I and II and SRMR). The training focuses on conceptual as well as operational issues aiming to link theory with practice through case studies and past crisis examples.
Our Expert Trainer is an experienced senior finance professional specializing in bank risk analysis and crisis management (recovery and resolution). After 10 years of professional experience in the financial markets (analysis and asset management, mainly in fixed income markets), our Expert took a deep dive on crisis management and bank resolutions topics. During the massive consolidation of the Greek banking industry (2010 – 2018), Our Expert participated in several crisis management groups and bank resolutions as a financial stability or resolution expert. In 2017, was appointed as a senior bank recovery and resolution expert at the Policy & Strategy Directorate of the Single Resolution Board (SRB). In parallel, was responsible for the Agency’s training strategy conducting resolution related training sessions and crisis simulation exercises (i.e. Dryruns). At present, works as a risk analysis and crisis management
senior manager in a national Central Bank and provides crisis management and bank recovery and resolution related training.
In 2016 co-drafted a report on «Bank resolution and bail- in in the EU: selected case studies pre and post BRRD» published by FinSAC, World Bank.
- Understand and acquire the essentials, the mechanics and key features of the bank recovery and resolution framework.
- Recognize how to assess recovery plans.
- Identify and understand the pitfalls of resolution plans.
- Explain the necessary steps to identify, prepare and manage a crisis in a bank as well as all the necessary processes to ensure compliance with the framework and credible execution of the resolution scheme.
- Assess their national bank resolution framework against international and European practice.
- Head of Group Recovery & Resolution Planning
- Head of Recovery & Resolution Planning
- Executive Director, Resolution Department
- Director Corporate Finance
- Head of the Financial Impact and Strategy
- Senior Director, Sector Lead Eurozone Financial Institutions
- Deputy Director, Bank Resolution Department
- Head of Resolution Planning Office
- Senior Structurer, Capital Products
- Recovery & Resolution Planning
- Head of the Division, National Debt Office
- Managing Director & Senior Regulatory Counsel
- Senior Financial Sector Specialist
- Adviser, Crisis Management Division
- Governance Manager
- Director Resolution Planning
- Senior Legal Advisor
- Deputy Director General – Financial Regulatory Authority
- Head of Crisis, Recovery & Resolution
- Senior Director – Resolution Working Group
- Director Strategic Corporate Finance
|20th to 22nd March
|09:00 to 17:00 (CET)