A highly practical, hands-on course designed to allow participants to expand the functionality of spreadsheets and learn how to build financial models in Excel.
The ‘Financial Modeling using Excel’ seminar will take concepts and issues introduced in the core finance and financial accounting courses and introduce participants to the practical application of financial modeling using Excel. Seminar participants will be required to build robust and reliable model for a particular decision while they will refresh basic and more advanced finance topics like time value of money, capital budgeting (discount cash flows analysis, weighted average cost of capital – WACC etc.) and portfolio management topics.
As a result of taking this seminar, you should be able to:
- Learn important Excel functions and understand which formulas are needed in different cases.
- Overview financial models and document model assumptions
- Learn to use Excel for sensitivity analysis and scenarios
- Get familiar with key features of good model design
- Master several excel shortcuts to speed up data analysis
- Create dynamic charts and present data effectively.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Financial Analyst
- Finance Managers
- Valuation & Budgeting Professionals
- Business Students wishing to develop modeling skills.